- This active ingredient with proven antioxidant and healing properties is an innovative carotenoid produced by Deinococcus bacteria.
- The active ingredient was produced under its commercial form and the stability studies required for marketing the product proved positive.
- The next steps have been initiated to meet the commercialization agenda:
- Large-scale production of the first batches;
- Clinical tests to confirm the efficacy of the active ingredient already demonstrated in vitro.
- Exploratory commercial contacts have raised interest from cosmetic brands for this new active ingredient, which will be launched in the market by DEINOVE during the first half of 2018.
Montpellier, 23 October 2017 (8:00pm CEST) - DEINOVE (Alternext Paris: ALDEI), a biotech company that discovers, develops, and produces high-value compounds from rare bacteria, notably from the Deinococcus genus, confirms that its cosmetic activities are making progress.
The commercial launch of the first active ingredient developed in this program with antioxidant and healing properties is expected during the first half of 2018.
DEINOVE released information in November 2016 and in July 2017 about this cosmetic program, developed in-house (and in parallel with customer programs): a first carotenoid was selected for its innovative character, with a view to obtain a competitive advantage in the market. DEINOVE has now demonstrated both the safety of its carotenoid and, above all, its antioxidant and healing properties, which are particularly attractive for cosmetic applications, especially the anti-aging segment, which accounts for half of the skin care market.
Since July, this innovative carotenoid has been extracted in a selected vegetable oil, which will constitute its commercial form, i.e. the solution that will be integrated into the final cosmetic products. The stability of the product was verified according to the protocols used in cosmetics. Large-scale manufacturing of product batches to be sampled for next year is now scheduled. The active ingredient will soon be tested in vivo to confirm its efficacy, previously demonstrated in vitro.
Exploratory commercial contacts, notably at the "Cosmetic 360" show, raised the interest of cosmetic brands for this new active ingredient that will be launched in the market by DEINOVE during the first half of 2018.
Emmanuel PETIOT, CEO of DEINOVE added: "We are very pleased to confirm our objective: the launch of our first cosmetic product during the first half of 2018. The first commercial contacts with leaders in the cosmetics sector are very promising and we will unveil the nature of our innovative carotenoid when it is officially launched."